What is African Buddhism? more so, what is African Pureland Buddhism?
These two questions tackle a subtle subject that cannot be answered straight forwardly.
So it remains much of an open question...what we ask from the Blog viewers and participants is to give their opinion/stance/critique on:
- what African Buddhism is?
- what African Pureland is?
- is there such a thing as African Buddhism?
- should there be such a thing as African Buddhism?
- what does African Buddhism entail?
- who decides that 'this' is African Buddhism?
- where and how does the African cultural context fit in?
It is important to keep an ethical principal in mind, Buddhism should not be propagated as a power structure but should be shared as a mutual means/guidance to help the ending of suffering.
What are your ideas on the topic? and what suggestions do you have that may encompass this large area of life, namely the bigger benefit of the African socio-spiritual-cultural continent?